Today in shops and online catalogs you can find a large number of different decorative elements, which with their presence can revitalize and transform even the simplest interior. Walls can be decorated with paintings and photo frames, mirrors in carved frames, lamps, plates, shelves, on the floor, you can place various floor coverings and carpets, put stylish newspapers, floor lamps, umbrella stands or floor vases.
Recently, the most common decorative item is an outdoor vase, which brings to the interior the notes of refinement and exoticism, as well as the share of originality. To avoid financial costs in the event that an expensive vase is broken, it is best to make it yourself with budgetary materials in the papier-mache technique. Moreover, such a vase will be in a single copy!
Papiera-mache is not particularly difficult, so you can do it at home. Children will also be interested in learning the basics of this fascinating technique, which in French means “torn paper”.
In needlework distinguish two methods of making works from papier-mâché:
molding products from the plastic mass, which is made of a sticky substance and soft paper.
machine, which is the gluing of scraps of paper on each other layers.
The first way to make a papier-mache vase is using experienced masters. Beginners and amateurs of manual work from paper prefer to machine. For greater clarity, we suggest using a detailed master class with a photo of making an outdoor papier-mache vase.
Making a papier-mache vase: a step-by-step master class
In order to make a beautiful big vase, you will need:
- PVA glue;
- stationery knife;
- painting tape;
- acrylic primer (white acrylic paint can be used);
- a set of acrylic paints;
You can grab some small pieces of newspaper paper. If the paper scraps are large, then there may be excess wrinkles and irregularities. Therefore, you should be patient and prepare scraps of small sizes.
- Prepare the adhesive. To do this, glue PVA should be diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1. If the solution is too liquid, the layers after drying can become
- unstuck and bulges develop on the surface of the product.
Take the vase-base of the necessary size. To dry the work it was easy to remove the workpieces, it should be coated with a thin layer of petroleum jelly (you can use a thin food film).
- Next, you need to pasted the prepared substrate. Each piece of newspaper moistened in a glutinous solution from two sides. Wetting can be done by
- completely dipping into the solution or by applying it with hands (rubber gloves should be worn in order not to damage the skin of hands during work).
- Each new layer must be started after the previous one is completed.
There must be at least 6 paper layers.
- Place the workpiece in a well-ventilated area until it dries completely. This will take several days. Only after the work is completely dry, you can proceed to further action.
- Using a sharp clerical knife, make several longitudinal incisions (cut just below half the height of the product).
- Carefully open the parts and remove the base vase.
- Places of cuts are connected with the help of paint tape (scotch tape). In order for the work to look neat, there were no places for cuts, one more layer of
- newspaper scraps should be pasted on top and the artwork dried again.
Dry the workpiece with acrylic primer. In the absence of soil, you can paint the
- vase with several layers of white acrylic paint.
- In a few hours you can start painting. To do this, the best acrylic paint is the right shade (choose the color that will harmoniously blend with the interior of your house).
- To give the product extra shine and elegant appearance, it is worth covering it with varnish.
- To decorate the floor vase, you can take the usual twine and tightly wrap the surface with glue. To ensure that the twine does not untwist, the tips should be additionally fixed with an adhesive gun or super-glue.
For the decor of the finished product you can use paper flowers, ribbons and braid.
This original hand-made article will decorate your interior and attract the attention of guests and acquaintances.
Having mastered the basics of making vases in the papier-mache technique, you can easily do similar work in different styles, imitating a variety of materials.
Suitable vases for different styles of interior
- For glamor in the interior fit floor elements of bright colors, decorated with rhinestones and inscriptions.
- The classical vase of the room will perfectly fit a ceramic vase with paintings.
- In the vintage direction vases with a floral print will look organic.
- The presence of a geometric ornament will look good in the Egyptian interior.
You can also make a bouquet for a homemade vase yourself. To do this, take branches of willows of the necessary length, place them in a bath filled with hot water, and leave for 5-6 hours. The soaked rods are wound on a long stick (a handle from a mop) and in several places fastens with an adhesive tape. After the branches dry, remove the stick and paint with gold paint from the can. Willow balls are made similarly. You can wind up thin rods on a balloon inflated to the required size. After the work dries up, break the ball and get it through the slits. The ball can be painted with gold paint from a can.
General characteristics and rules of placement of outdoor vases in the room
- An outdoor vase is considered only if its height reaches at least 40 centimeters.
- When choosing a vase, consider the general situation in the interior. For example, rooms of beige shades can be supplemented with elements of
- brown and sand tones, and vases of red and white colors will effectively look at the background of black.
- These elements should be placed near the walls or in the corner of the room, and not in the middle.
- The identical twin vases are best placed from different sides of the fireplace or large armchair. This paired decor will emphasize the exquisite taste of the owners of the house.
- You can put live or artificial flowers with long stalks, branches and twigs of trees and shrubs, bamboo sticks, dry compositions of flowers and grasses in an outdoor vase. On the eve of New Year’s holidays in the vase you can put a spruce (pine) branch, waiting for Easter – a branch of willow. But filling an outdoor vase is not necessary – it in itself is already a self-sufficient element.
- If a cat or dog lives in the house, you should be prepared for the fact that the floor vase can be turned upside down at best, and sometimes even broken. To avoid this, it should be filled with heavy loose material. It can be sand, pebbles, river pebbles and so on. Some owners set expensive copies in special stable stands, which prevent subsequent damage in the event of a fall.
This exclusive creative work can perfectly decorate your interior and will be an excellent gift for your housewarming friends and family. They will appreciate your taste and effort.
- How To Make Clutch Purse With CD & Old Jeans
- How to make lantern from plastic bottle
- Hot glue waterfall mini house building
- How to make beautiful designer wall clock
- How to modern mirror made of recyclable material