The extraordinary beauty of flowers is always fascinating. It was the flower that was the symbol of femininity, refinement, tenderness and purity. Over time, the fashion for floral decoration spread everywhere, so craftsmen began to create their own hands, competing with nature itself, various floral decorations. Decorative crafts made by hand craftsmen of manual labor are not inferior to the factory decor elements. To be convinced of this and learn how to make flowers for interior decoration yourself, we suggest using several step-by-step master classes for making beautiful things for your apartment.
Flowers from fabric in pots
Many flower lovers do not always manage to grow green plants at home. There are a number of reasons for this: allergic manifestations (runny nose, sneezing, etc.), pets (turn floral pots or meet their needs), inability to properly care for plants (frequent business trips), etc. But do not deny yourself the pleasure of admiring the bright flowers of the house, because you can make original floral compositions of textile materials. Such an article will not be difficult to perform even for beginner needlewomen.
To make flowers in the pot you will need the following materials and tools:
- fabric for a flower (cotton material of two colors);
thread (must match the color of the fabric);
- braid green (to wrap the stem);
- a wooden stick or wire (for a stem);
- a flower pot;
- braid and decor elements (for decorating the pot);
cotton wool or sintepon (for stuffing flower parts);
- artificial moss;
- glue gun or super glue.
- From the fabric, we cut 5 circles with a diameter of about 15 cm (for petals) and 1 circle with a diameter of 20 cm (for the middle).
- Each of the circles along the edges is seam “forward with a needle” and tighten a little. It turns out a detail resembling a small round pouch.
- We fill each such bag with filler (cotton wool, sintepon) and tighten the working thread.
- After all the bags are filled with a soft filler and tightly tightened, we connect them together. Around the larger part (middle) we distribute the smaller details (petals) and sew, trying to hide the places of the screed.
- Now proceed to the manufacture of the stem. A wooden stick with a length of 20-25 cm is wrapped in green tape. To prevent the tape from spinning, at the beginning and end of the wrap we fix its edges with a glue gun (glue). A wooden stick can be replaced with a wire. To do this, cut the wire several times and twist together into a thick bundle. Then wrap the tape.
- We connect the stalk and flower with a glue gun on the back side.
- At the bottom of the pot we put the kneaded clay and stick a flower leg into it.
- Top lay decorative moss.
- We decorate the pot to your liking. You can tie a bright ribbon and put a wooden button or a figure in the middle of the bow.
Cute flower in the pot is ready! Undoubtedly, such a cheerful element of the decor will bring a certain variety and originality to the interior, especially since the coloring for textile articles can be selected in accordance with the design of the room.
Pillowcase with dahlias
To revive the interior in the living room or bedroom, you can, without changing furniture and wallpaper – just focus on the bright elements. For this, the pillow with the red large dahlia flower is the best.
To sew such a smart pillowcase, you will need the following:
- the cut of the calico (100 * 50 cm);
felt (100 * 100 cm);
- sewing machine;
- chalk (felt-tip pen);
- glasses (mugs) of different diameters.
Step-by-step description of the work
- From felt, cut 20 round details with a diameter of 5 cm and 30 – with a diameter of 8 cm.
Cut each circle in half.
- Cut the chintz in half. On one of the halves on the reverse side, draw a large circle with a diameter of 40 cm with a chalk (felt-tip pen).
- Place halves of large round details along the contour of the circle and sew on it. Each next row begin to sew in a spiral.
- After the halves of the small circles run out, start using the smaller halves. Some details are sewn with the assembly – so the flower will turn out to be convex and will not resemble a pancake.
- Continue sewing the red parts until you fill the entire circle. In the middle, sew a whole felt circle.
- After the dahlia is completely sewn to the fabric, make two seams on the underside of the pillowcase.
- Turn out the almost ready-made thing and along the unshielded side sew a few buttons. On the opposite side – the corresponding number of loops.
- Put the finished pillowcase on the pillow.
- By sewing several similar pillowcases of different shades, you will update the interior completely.
Cushion flower cushion
Large stitched flowers from bright material can serve as a soft complement to the interior. It is not difficult to make such pillows.
You will need the following:
- bright cloth flaps;
- filler (sintepon);
Detailed master-class with step-by-step photos
- We take 10 pieces of cloth (5 color and 5 monophonic). Fold in pairs face-to-face.
- Cut out the petal and stitch along the edge, leaving a free edge at the bottom.
- We turn out the workpiece and fill it with sintepon.
- Stepping away from the edge of the petal 2 cm, sew up the bottom, slightly pulling the thread.
- Sew together 5 blanks of petals.
- Cut out 2 circles. By diameter, they should be twice the center of the flower.
We sew around the edge of each of the circles and tighten the thread.
- Fill each medium with filler.
- We arrange round blanks in this way: from the color side of the petals we apply a monochromatic middle, on the reverse side – a color one.
- Sew the middle between each other. Pillow flower ready!
By showing creative imagination and skills, with the help of large flowers you can make an unusual plaid or floor covering in the nursery. It is with the help of such beautiful and functional gizmos that you and your loved ones can comfortably be located in any recreation area of the apartment.
DIY Step by Step Fabric Flowers
- Stylish kurti neck designs
- Designer kurti cutting and stitching
- Designer kurti cutting and stitching full tutorial
- How to make a wall decor
- Designer stylish double layer kurti cutting and stitching tutorial