I will show you step-by-step how to sew a zippered Hand purse. I have not decorated purse too much. if you want you can do it.
For this project, you will need…
- Fabric: 2 colors.
- 2 Zippers: 7″ or longer.
- Basic sewing supplies: machine, shears, etc.
- Iron Box.
- Velvet Cloth.
- Magnetic Button Clasp Snaps.
- Ultra Firm Stabilizer (or)Thin Outer Book Cover.
- Paper Cloth.
- 1 Rectangle Fiber of 13’’ tall × 8’’ wide.
Cutting the Pieces:
I have taken Blue and Dark pink color cloth to make the hand purse.
You can select the cloth colors according to your wish.
Cutting the pieces:
(1) 14 Strip 17.5’’ tall × 1.7’’ wide (Blue Colour Fiber).
(2) 22 Strip 10’’ tall × 1.7’’ wide (Pink Colour Fiber).
Stiching Fiber to Form Strips:
1) Now previous cut pieces are to be folded exactly half as shown in the figure.
2) Folded pieces are Stiching Using Sewing machine.
3) Reverse the strip with help of pen refill (as shown in images above)to hide the stichings.
4) Now iron all the Strips.
Stitching Strips on Rectangle Fiber:
1) 1 Rectangle Fiber of 13’’ tall × 8’’ wide
2) Place blue strips on (wide side) rectangle fiber one after other and stitch it. Followed by stitching pink strips on (tall side ) rectangle fiber. (see images to get a better understanding)
Please follow this step by step procedure as shown in the images above.
After creating the design rectangle fiber is stitch on all sides.
Excess stripes as to be removed.
Put the zipper teeth side down with the pull tab on the RIGHT.
Now open your zipper about halfway, don’t forget this!
Place into your sewing machine and stitch together with a 1/2″ seam allowance. Leave a small opening along the bottom lining edge.
We need Two of this.
Sew Two Zip Pockets Together:
1) Sew two zipper pockets with fiber cloth.
2) Above images are the step by step procedure of joining two zipper pocket.
Place Ultra Firm Stabilizer in Rectangle Fiber:
We need three rectangular thin cardboard (or) book cover
Cutting the pieces:
1)1st cardboard 3.5’’ tall × 7’’ wide
2)2nd cardboard 3.5’’ tall × 7’’ wide
3)3rd cardboard 2’’ tall × 7’’ wide
a place for cardboard one by one into the rectangular fiber as shown in the above images. Now stitching all sides of rectangular fiber to fix the cardboard inside.
Sew With Velvet Cloth:
1) Sew the 2 zipper pocket both sides inside the rectangular Fibe with a sewing machine.
2) Sew the all sides of the purse with the velvet cloth go get a good look.
Fix Magnetic Button Clasp Snaps:
Before placing the magnets on Purse make sure that magnets are at the right place.
while folding both are magnets has to be attached to each other.
- How to Make Paper Bags Using Paper Sheets
- How to make summer bag with denim
- DIY Rainbow cloth bag Making Tutorial – Step by step
- How to make hand fan from (waste aata bag and old clothes)
- How to make woolen tassel bag charm very easily