Today we are making Shadow Work. Shadow Work is a type of embroidery worked on semi-sheer or sheer fabric, with the bulk of the embroidery on the back of the design so that the colour of the thread – or rather, a shadow of the colour – shows through on the front of the fabric between two solid-colored outlines.
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel
Shadow work is an embroidery worked on a lightweight, sheer or semi-sheer fabric such as voile, georgette, lawn, organdie, organza, muslin and batiste to name a few. The embroidery is worked on the reverse of the fabric and gives a shadowy effect on the right side of the fabric. Whilst any embroidery threads can be used to work the embroidery, we have used Anchor stranded cotton for our samples. We favour a sharps, crewel or betweens needle but as long as the needle has a sharp point and an eye large enough for the thread it will be suitable for you to use.
- How to rope braided side bun hair style
- New braid hairstyle for girls – Step by step (Tutorial)
- Easy Bun Hairstyles For Medium Hair – Step by step tutorial
- How to Braid for Beginners – Step by step (Tutorials)
- Plastic bottle organizer Best out of waste